So this is is where I will write about various thoughts from the mind of Kayle, have some good questions, or just possibly even bore you to death with a story or two. I hope that won't be the case, but you never know. Peace.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

So the other day I was in Art class, and we were working on our contour drawings. (for all of you cool art geeks- we were working on our lines for drawing hands, and objects in our hands, soon we will be doing contour with charcoal, and pen. for those of you who aren't, you probably won't know what in the world i am talkign about, so ignore that part.) Anyway, this guy who sits in front of nme was rtalking to his friend next to him. I overherard them talking about random things. Then the guy in front of me (whose name is Ben, by the way) said that he trusts Athiests more than Christians. And this got me thinking, How could that be possible? How could someone trust peple who don't believe in the all-knowing God, and not trust people who do? What has this world come to? I wantedc to stand up, walk up to him and ask him what the heck was going on in his little freshman mind and what his reasoning was behind that. (if he had any at all of course.) So yeah, I just thought I would put this up here and let ya'll put your suggestion. or answers to my questions... I want to see what you have to say. Thanks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

I think a big part of it is just that the idea, or picture, or stereo-type of christians today isn't based on what the Bible says we're supposed to be, but rather the actions of people who are christians in name only. If my picture of Christianity was based on the actions of, let's say, the Crusades, instead of Jesus Christ and what he said, I would think christians are narrow-minded hypocrites, and I wouldn't ever listen to a person when they tried to share their beliefs and said they were a christian, unless they somehow they earned my trust and my ear first. I think that why a lot of people today don't like christians, or don't respect them or whatever, your friend said he didn't trust them, is because of some bad experience with someone who either wasn't a New Creation, with the Holy Spirit living inside them governing their thoughts and actions, but said they where, or someone who was a New Creation with the Holy Spirit inside them, but gave a very bad impression of not only Christ, but those of us who actually are Christians. There you go. I'm not a psychologist, but that's my theory...

12:33 PM

 
Blogger Jake said...

wow, I talk alot

12:33 PM

 
Blogger Kayle said...

yeah, but its all good. im glad someone commented on it. (well, other that me)
:)

6:46 PM

 
Blogger faith said...

Wow. That is thought provoking. I think Jake is right, it is just that so many christians are not a good example of christ. I mean, we are studying church history this year, and it has become very clear that christianity went downhill when it became the "cool", or state, religion. Then it was in, and everyone, whther sincere or not, said they were christians. And there has been a lot of backstabbing, fighting, hurt, pain, bitterness, disagreement, and even violent killing in the name of christianity. when I think of that, I am so embarrassed that I can hardly stand it; but then I decide that I am going to do all in my power to be glorifying to God, you know? Like, it is OUR responsibility to give Christ a good name in this day and age. So really, instead of being mad at Ben, I would just use that as a reminder to watch what I look like to the world. Follow me? OK, I wasn't slamming you, I was just sharing my thoughts, and it was awesome to hear from the mind of Kayle! Out.

7:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home